-->

400 days of rehabilitation

Photo credits: Chanty Louis

Reading back my poems of a few months ago, I hardly recognize myself. I can’t believe that I’ve changed so much in less than 8 months. In a few days my journey comes to an end. My internship has passed and so will my vacation. I really needed this time to get away and be on my own. I was always busy with something or helping somebody around me but wasn't paying enough attention to my own needs. I had so much unfinished business to take care off.
On this beautiful island:
I became my own philosopher. I engaged myself in deep thinking to enlighten my understanding about the past.
I became my own mirror. I looked into the reflection of my mistakes.
I became my own teacher. I learned from them and started to make wiser decisions.
I became my own creator. I chose to make my own path. 
I became an artist. I painted my future by using the colors of my talents.

The whole time these characters were in my inner being. I didn’t know they existed till I unlocked the door to my capabilities. All this time I had the keys, I had the answer but I lived like a question mark.
Through the steps towards a great future i'm moving my way up to my full potential. 
I’m sad to leave. I have a lot of good memories. But my home is waiting for better memories to be made.

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten

 

Bijdragers

Followers