-->

Let's talk about beauty

When you see my vlogs you'll see me as i really am. I'm not gonna show you only the "flawless" side of me. I'll show you the comfy-clothes, no-make-up version of me. I'll show you my scars, pimples and the bags under my eyes. Or that spot on my tooth that nobody talks about (i see ya'll). Or that weird movement i make with my neck when i'm laughing out loud. Because that's who i am.
On some days i moonwalk out of the house in my ripped jeans, sneakers and a snapback. On other days i have enough energy to twerk out of the door with fleekfull (yeah i said it) make-up and a dress.

If people judge me for how they think i should look then that's an addition to their 99 problems *Jay-Z reference*. They obviously haven't met beauty in her total nakedness and original definition. Because beauty is connected to the soul. Beauty is a presence instead of an appearance. It goes beyond dimples and perfect teeth. It's not a math formula where you decide the outcome by adding certain types of eye colors to a certain type of complexion.
Beauty means seeing white and light skinned women dominate on social media/in the fashion industry/in video's and STILL know that you're attractive as a dark skinned woman. Beauty is how you feel underneath the make up and the weave. Cause you can have everything and still feel insecure.
Beauty means waking up from the nightmares of insecurities and leaving the ugly pieces of the mirror shattered in your bed.

Beauty means counting stars in his/her eyes even though you notice his/her eyebrows growing back towards each other. Or noticing her moustache slightly growing but still feel the urge to kiss her. It also means that your love for him/her will never lose weight even though he/she gains it. What i'm trying to say is that beauty means being comfortable with things society is trying to make us feel insecure about.
I feel like beauty is misunderstood and therefore underrated. If you hold on to a false perception of it, you will never enjoy the riches of its purpose. Therefore you'll never be truly happy with yourself.

That's why i prefer to be seen dressed in a smile. I've had an encounter with The Source of beauty.
I refuse to let anything MAN made devaluate me because i'm GOD made.
In yo face society!

- A Confident Black Girl



photo by: Nina Akollo





1 reacties:

 

Bijdragers

Followers