-->

I am Black Coffee


















I am black coffee
with curves of sugar.
I am a spoon of cocoa.
A chocolate church.
I am soul food.
I am sun kissed mahogany skin.

I am a wombed man
The rib of an African king 
The offspring of an Egyptian prince
I am the golden crown of the cosmos.
When you look in my eyes you will see stars falling
like diamonds painting the canvas of evening.

I am light
A spark, a flame, a bonfire, a burning house
I am fire works
I will leave traces of smoke in your nostrils 
so you will recognise my presence when you seek me.
I will shelter myself in your veins just to make your heart beat a little faster.

I am a survivor.
A sunken slaveship. 
I am another inventor ignored because of her skin color.
Another history page erased, deleted, silenced.
I am a black woman with a degree but still looking for a job.
An athlete breaking down barriers and stereotypes.

I am long braids, afro, curls, short, shaved. 
I am dashiki, headscarfs and earrings.
I am music, dance routines, clapping hands.
I am a new generation in the same skin.
I am a female proud of her ancestry. 
I am all of us.





0 reacties:

Een reactie posten

 

Bijdragers

Followers